Position: Coating Operator
Reports To: Thin Film Manager
A Coating Operator performs production operations in the coating of optics under the direction of the group leader or manager. A Coating Operator must be trained and proficient in all aspects of the loading/unloading of coating equipment and monitoring coating runs. Must be able to work independently relative to routine maintenance and operations functions.
- Perform inspections and maintenance on cleanroom and facilities equipment
- Adhere to preventative maintenance procedures and work instructions
- Read and understand spec sheets, blue prints, work orders and work instructions
- Monitor vacuum deposition processes, verify vacuum integrity and validate readiness
- Perform cleaning operations of substrates to be coated and load and maintain fixtures
- Organize and maintain consumables and maintenance supplies
- Test and analyze coating performance against specs using spectrometers and other metrology techniques
- Strictly adhere to all safety procedures and protocols. Continuously strive to improve safety
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Good math skills, including proficiency in basic algebra
- Basic computer skills including working proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word
- HS diploma
- Associates degree in technical discipline preferred
Adequate manual dexterity to perform essential functions; ability to use some physical efforts in the handling of heavy materials and machinery (most tasks require no more than 50 lbs. lifting); position requires about 80% standing; ability to work in manufacturing environment.
US Citizenship or permanent residence required
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.