Senior Product Line Manager, Imaging Business Unit
Position: Senior Product Line Manager, Imaging Business Unit
Department: Imaging Business Unit
Reports To: Vice President, Imaging
Sr. Product Line Managers (SPLM) are the product visionaries within their specific product categories. By developing and executing a product strategy that is consistent with Edmund Optics’ technological vision and core competencies, SPLMs improve customer acquisition and retention efforts and ensure the profitable growth of our imaging product business. Responsibilities include the strategic and tactical management of specific product lines, including developing and expanding existing product families, selecting new products, executing an end-of-life strategy for underperforming products, and meeting with customers to determine the needs and future of the market. A SPLM will work closely with other functional areas including sales, marketing, and design engineering to develop objectives, presentations and financial proposals for new product initiatives. Some travel is required.
- Responsible for developing, defining and articulating an overall vision and strategy for the life science/advanced diagnostic product line across all channels of distribution. Strategy must be supported by realistic returns on investment, marketing data, and roadmap.
- Identify new domains and applications for products within Life Sciences/advanced diagnostics
- Develop and execute business plans
- Develop product roadmap
- Analyze target markets/segments and create a solid definition of their application needs and potential for new products. Position these new products in the marketplace. Requires working closely with sales, marketing, and external experts to gain an in-depth understanding of each market/segment and the competition
- Decide, with a core product team, about productions within the EO product line. Must be able to direct functional groups without direct reporting authority
- Comply with state and federal regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of personal initiative
- Strong analytical skills
- Product and technology knowledge a must
- Strong presentation skills
- Willingness to work with many groups, across departments, and show strong team spirit
- Can manage heavy workload of multiple, concurrent projects and priorities at once
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking capabilities
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Physics, or related technical field; five (5) to ten (10) years’ experience in product marketing, product development, or project management.
Ability to travel; work in office and/or lab setting.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.